Monday 30 June 2008

10 New Words

1. Adequate
-adjective >>> sufficient
example: This house is adequate to our family.

2.Contingent
-adjective >>> unexpected
example: They had to plan for contingentexpenses.

3. Detriment
-noun >>> harmfulness
Smoking is now considered a detriment to good health.

4. Eloquent
-adjective >>> having the power of fluent and appropiate speech
expample: After he finished his eloquent speech, the audience appluaded abundantly.

5. Incessant
-adjective >>> continuous
example: I hear an incessant fire alarm so I suddenly move out of the building.

6. Perpetrate
-verb >>> to commit
example: The criminal perpetrates a crime.

7. Repudiate
-verb >>> to deny, to quit relationship
example: I repudiated with my girlfriend because she is very self-willed.

8. Stipulate
-verb >>> give specify
example: Our company stipulate a new goal.

9. Theorem
-noun >>> hyphothesis
example: I don't agree with his theorem because I think it is not be possible.

10. Upsurge
-noun/verb >>> rise
example: Nowadays the oil prices upsurge continuously.

No comments: